Office of Faculty Development
Spring 2013 Events and Workshops
Spring 2013 Programs:
- University Faculty Awards
- Certificate of Reflective Teaching
- Assistant Professors’ Community
- Reading Circles
- Thank a Teacher
- Summer Institute
- Leadership Development Programs
- Teaching and Learning Symposium
- ACC Lecture
Spring 2013 Workshop Topics:
- Mid-Semester Evaluations: What are they, how to conduct them, why they are important, and what you should do once you have your data
- Advanced Active Learning
- Course Design for Interdisciplinary Courses
- Flipping Your Class
- Using Rubrics to Assess Student Work
- Providing Feedback as a Reviewer
- Supporting Students Who Identify as LGBT
- Supporting Students with Mental Health Concerns
- Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
For more information about Spring programming (descriptions, registration) please go here! Please be sure to register for all events so that we can assure that you will receive all handouts. Add the Office of Faculty Development’s Events Calendar to your calendar now to stay informed about upcoming events.
To subscribe to this calendar with your Google Apps @ NC State account:
- Log in to your Google Calendar.
- Under Other Calendars in the left column, at the bottom click Add by URL, and then copy and paste the following URL into the box: email@example.com
- Click Add Calendar.
- Under Other Calendars in the left column, you will see the newly added OFD Events Calendar.
Alternately, you may:
- Click on the in the lower right corner of the calendar.
- Respond Yes, to the box asking whether you want to add it to your list of calendars.
If you require any special accommodations, please contact the Office of Faculty Development.