Administrative Advisory Committee
This award, coordinated by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and the Office of Faculty Development, is one of the most prestigious faculty awards at NC State.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be considered for the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award, the nominee:
- Must be full-time faculty.
- Has not been previously named as an Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor at the university level
- Is a recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award
- In addition to undergraduate teaching assignments for at least 7 years at NC State, has provided distinguished service in support of undergraduate teaching, such as but not limited to study abroad, service-learning, undergraduate research, or work on committees relating to undergraduate teaching.
- Is teaching in the academic year of nomination
Recognition and Award
Recipients will be named “Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professors,” and retain that title for as long as they remain a member of the NC State faculty. Award recipients will be recognized at an Alumni Association event in the Spring and will receive a cash award of $4,000. Recipients will also be recognized at the Teaching Awards Ceremony in the Spring and publicized in NC State media, and the Spring Commencement Program.
The number of award recipients may vary based on funding availability from the Alumni Association.
A nomination may be resubmitted for the next award cycle if the nominee has not been selected as a recipient of this award. Renominations are not automatic. They must be resubmitted with updates that reflect the current year of nomination, confirmation of continued support from the writers of support letters, and any information regarding awards, accolades, projects, publications, or other activities completed after the submission of last year’s nominations.
Nomination Submission Deadline
College nominations will be submitted by email or upload to Google Drive to the university awards coordinator, Judy Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Note: Each college will have its own deadline for submissions to its college committee to allow review time and submission to the University Level. Contact your college’s Associate Dean for Academic Affairs for their submission schedule.
Nomination and Submission Guidelines
Nomination Deadline: Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Nomination Package Required Documents
Please create PDF files for each document contained in the nomination package
Nomination Package Required Contents
- Completed ADUP *Nomination form
*Please make sure the form contains the current date and all appropriate signatures have been obtained.
- Current CV. Limit 25 pages
- Statement articulating the candidate’s contributions to the teaching mission and highlighting his or her distinguished service in support of undergraduate teaching at the university. Limit 2 pages
- Samples of course materials (such as excerpts from syllabi, assignments, projects, exams, student portfolios, or other evidence of student learning outcome) or documentation of teaching-related activities such as leadership related to teaching and learning or continuing professional development (workshops, institutes, etc.) Limit 4-8 pages
- Student course evaluation ratings for each course taught the two years prior to the year of nomination and a sample of student comments.
- Summaries of two peer evaluations and a sample of student comments within the past four years.
- Letters of support from two peers, 1 page for each letter.
- Letters of support from two students, 1 page for each letter
Document format: 1.5 space, 1-inch margins, Arial 10, 11 or 12
Please email or upload to Google Drive all PDF files contained in each nomination package to email@example.com by Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
*Please send all pdf files for each nomination package at the same time.
College-level Award Committees:
- May identify and submit up to two (2) college nominations for consideration for recognition as Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professors
Administrative Advisory Committee The Provost’s Administrative Advisory Committee (AAC) for the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award reviews the nominations and makes its recommendations for award recipients to the Provost and the Alumni Association.
Administrative Advisory Committee
- The Chair of the Faculty or one designated faculty senator, recommended by the Chair of the Faculty
- The Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Division of Academic and Student Affairs or designee
- Two recipients of the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award
- The Chair of the Standing Committee on the Evaluation of Teaching (EOT) or one member of the EOT, recommended by the Chair
- One undergraduate student representative from the Standing Committee on the Evaluation of Teaching
- One representative from the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
- One representative from the NC State Alumni Association
- President of the Student Body or a student government designee
- President of the Graduate Student Association or a GSA designee
The Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award Administrative Advisory Committee will meet on: