|RED| Applications Open: Core Teaching Certification and Inclusive Teaching Certification (Due Friday!)
Inclusive Teaching Certification
Faculty, postdocs, and teaching graduate students are invited to apply for the Summer 2020 online cohort of the Inclusive Teaching Certification |ITC|. This comprehensive, asynchronous Certification is a collaborative professional development project among NC State University’s Disability Services, DELTA, experienced faculty, GLBT Center, Graduate School, Office of Faculty Development, Office of Global Engagement, Office of Institutional Equity & Diversity (OIED), and Office of Information Technology.
Accepted participants will
- Consider multiple facets of inclusive teaching, encompassing the creation of a welcoming, equitable course climate, the design and implementation of accessible and inclusive classroom practices and assessments, and the selection and implementation of inclusive, diverse course content;
- Engage with key concepts in inclusive teaching and learn from various stakeholders on our campus and other institutions of higher education who share their important research on student development, Universal Design for Learning, intercultural competence, and intrapersonal awareness; and
- Develop the resources for applying inclusive course pedagogical practices that support all learners.
Core Teaching Certification
Applications for the Summer 2020 cohort for the Core Teaching Certification |CTC| are now being accepted. The CTC
- provides faculty the opportunity to learn pedagogical skills and information about teaching not necessarily gained during formal training in graduate school, helping them become more scholarly teachers;
- recognizes faculty for their efforts in becoming more intentional, reflective teachers who incorporate effective practices in teaching in higher education; and
- affords faculty members the opportunity to meet other faculty members outside their home departments who are dedicated to improving their teaching.
Faculty who successfully complete the Certification intentionally refine and enhance their courses with feedback throughout the reflective course design process.
Faculty participants complete one (1) learning module and reflective activities in five core competencies:
There are a variety of modules from which to choose, offered both face-to-face and online.
For more information, please visit go.ncsu.edu/red-ctc
OIED Professional Development Series: Collegial Conversations
The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity invites you to attend three virtual professional development opportunities hosted by the Diversity Engagement, Training and Education unit.
- Facilitating Culturally Inclusive Meetings
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Dr. Bridget Kelly is an Associate Professor of Student Affairs at the University of Maryland and Graduate Director of the Higher Education, Student Affairs and International Education Policy Program.
- Safety, Productivity, and Stress: Managing Work, Self, and Family in a Pandemic
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Dr. Savitri Dixon-Saxon is the Vice Provost at Walden University and provides oversight for: The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, the Center for Research Quality, the Center for Academic Excellences, and Office of Student Affairs.
- The Identities Beyond Athlete
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Niya Blair Hackworth is the Director of Inclusion of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
Please register here if you would like to attend.
Recent Posts on Faculty Forum
Check out some recent posts on OFD’s blog, Faculty Forum:
- Preparing for Beginning a Term Online by Diane Chapman
- Grading Rubrics Improve Both Remote and F2F Instruction by Diane Chapman
- “What’s Up?” With OFA/OFD: What We’re Watching
Events This Week
Monday, May 18
- Mindful Mondays, 12:00 p.m.
Friday, May 22
- Fulbright Friday: Book a one-on-one advising appointment with Dr. Maria Almanza